How Can Yasser Bring His Family To Saudi Arabia To Be Near His Mother

photocreditpyschologytodayComments are closed. Please respond to Yasser directly at his email as displayed below. Thanks, Tara Umm Omar

Name: Yasser


Submit a positive article or the link to a positive article related to non-Saudi/Saudi marriages: I would like to find a solution to my problem. I am a son of a Saudi mother and I thank God for all that have been given to us because I was born here and educated here. But know there is a bigger problem which is: how can I bring my wife and sons to stay with me in Saudi Arabia and stay around their grandmother?

I have been to the immigration department and talked to them but all they told me is that there is nothing to be done.

Which not exactly understandable as I am a son of a Saudi and I have an iqama. I am a university graduate and alhamdulillah I have whatever is needed to support my family.

I have tried very hard as I have 2 sons and my wife and they all need me and my mother here in Saudi Arabia needs me as well. Please advise me as what do I have to do to bring my family here.

Kind regards.


2012 Stats Show Saudi/Non-Saudi Marriages On The Rise | Foreign Husbands Of Saudi Women Have Nitaqat Status

photocreditmadhyamamMarriages With Non-Saudis Rise
Saudi Gazette | Riyadh
12 January 2014

Marriages between Saudis and non-Saudis have registered an increase of 21 percent in Saudi courts during the past two months compared to the same period in 2012. The number of marriage contracts during the period stood at 2,435 compared to 1,922 during the same period in 2012. Makkah registered 865 marriage contracts, followed by Madinah with 359 contracts, Taif (151), Dammam (141), Najran (83) and Hafr Al-Batin (72). Makkah had the highest number of such contracts last year at 3,939 while Madinah had 1,692.

Special Nitaqat Status For Expat Children, Hubby Of Saudi Women
By Abdul Rahman Al-Misbahi
Okaz/Saudi Gazette | Jeddah
12 January 2014

To be counted as a Saudi employee in Nitaqat, an expat son or daughter or husband of a Saudi woman has to transfer the registration of iqama to the Saudi mother or wife, according to Ministry of Labor.

If their iqama is registered with a company for which they are working, then they will not get special Nitaqat status and will not be counted as Saudis.

These “special expats” must transfer their iqamas to Saudi mother or wife before April 4 through the passport department, the Labor Ministry said. The employer will register “special expats” with the General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI).

Photo Credit: Madhyamam


Saudi Government Graciously Approves Iqamahs Without Sponsors For Non-Saudi Women/Mothers (Italian Translation)

photocreditzazzleYesterday a Saudi photographer who goes by the name of Abu Leena-Rose of Sydney, Australia shared some good news with me by way of an article on Sabq (in Arabic). My husband thinks that the new changes will mostly benefit non-Saudi women/mothers who are either widows, divorced or have been abandoned as obviously they are devoid of sponsorship in order to provide them incentive to come to live in Saudi Arabia or remain living in Saudi Arabia. This makes sense if you consider what has been happening lately with non-Saudi women abroad allegedly conning AWASSIR of funds. I suspect the new changes could ensure that the government’s monetary assistance is being allocated to non-Saudi women/mothers residing in KSA who can then circulate it back into the Saudi economy rather than a foreign economy. It also means that they can easily track the funds, they know exactly who it is going to which lessens the chances of fraud. Additionally, I assume that it is more cost effective for the Saudi government to aid these families in Saudi Arabia than abroad, freeing up more funds to take care of other needy households. Another benefit of these new rights is that non-Saudi widows, divorcees and abandoned women will no longer have to fear deportation (see my reply to Jean Sasson’s comment at the end of this post). Concerning how it impacts non-Saudi wives of Saudis: 1) I initially thought that non-Saudi wives could work in government offices but my friend pointed out that on our iqamahs it says that we aren’t allowed to work. I guess the stories I heard of non-Saudi wives working in government positions were under the table aka illegal. Currently we will be permitted to have a government job that count towards Saudization 2) My friend said that non-Saudi wives could receive access to government hospitals on the condition of securing a wasta. But it has always been free for our Saudi children and now includes non-Saudi mothers 3) My husband claims that non-Saudi wives will be able to go to the Passport Office and apply for a new iqamah or renew an expired iqamah, even though the Saudi husband would still be the sponsor. They would probably request proof of marital status, such as a marriage certificate. Maybe some of the Saudi husbands will be delighted with this since they won’t have to deal with the Passport Office again hahaha. Please keep in mind that the new changes are not that clear and can be confusing. I keep having to update this foreword as new information or different interpretations come my way. Dear readers, what do you think about this recent announement? Tara Umm Omar

Foreign Mothers Of Saudi Children To Get Permanent Residency: Cabinet Extends Education And Health Privileges In Bid To Boost Family Stability
By Habib Toumi, Bureau Chief
Manama | Gulf News
10 September 2013

Non-Saudi mothers of Saudi children will be given permanent residence in Saudi Arabia without the need of a sponsor, the cabinet has said.

They will also be given the rights accorded to Saudi nationals in public and university education and in health services.

The decision announced by Abdul Aziz Khoja, the culture and information minister, following the weekly cabinet session on Monday, marks a breakthrough for non-Saudi women married to Saudi men who, despite their marriage and their Saudi children, continued to be treated as “full foreigners” who needed a sponsor to be able to live in Saudi Arabia and could not benefit from any privilege enjoyed by Saudi women.

Under the sponsorship system adopted by several countries in the Gulf, foreigners cannot live in the country or take up a job or switch jobs without the approval of their sponsor.

According to the official Saudi Press Agency, the recommendations to change the status of the foreign mothers of Saudi children had been submitted by the foreign minister Prince Saud Al Faisal based on “the lack of housing and living guarantees for Saudi children living abroad and their non-Saudi mothers upon returning to the kingdom.”

The decision is expected to encourage non-Saudi women married with Saudis to stay in the kingdom with their children.

“The state will pay the residence fees of the non-Saudi mothers,” the information minister said. “These mothers have the right to take up jobs in the private sector and will be considered part of Saudization process,” he said in reference to the scheme launched by the state to boost the number of Saudis employed by private companies.

The minister said that the cabinet cancelled a paragraph in a decision taken by the Saudi government more than 40 years ago and related to non-Saudi widows with Saudi children that stipulated that “they must have sponsors according to residence regulations.”

The cabinet also cancelled another paragraph of the same decision that stipulated that the “sponsor must pay for the non-Saudi mother’s living expenses if she is unable to find a job for legal considerations.”

Permanent Residency Relief For Foreign Wives Of Saudis
By P.K. Abdul Ghafour
Arab News | Jeddah
10 September 2013

Foreign mothers of Saudi children will be given permanent residence in the Kingdom without sponsors, the Council of Ministers said on Monday. They will also receive educational and health services like other Saudis.

The Cabinet, chaired by Crown Prince Salman, deputy premier and minister of defense, made this important decision upon the recommendation of Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al-Faisal.

The decision was aimed at encouraging non-Saudi wives of Saudis to stay in the Kingdom with their children. The Cabinet said that the state shall bear the woman’s residence fees.

“She shall be allowed to work for others in the private sector and she shall be considered part of Saudization process,” said Culture and Information Minister Abdul Aziz Khoja.

The Cabinet deleted Para 3 of the Cabinet’s decision No. 1215 dated 8/11/1392 regarding non-Saudi widows with Saudi children, which stipulates that her son “be her sponsor according to Iqama regulations.”

It also deleted Para 5 of the same decision, which states that “the sponsor undertakes paying living expenses if she cannot keep a job due to legal objection.” The non-Saudi mother of Saudi children shall be treated as a Saudi national in terms of general and university education, as well as medical treatment in government hospitals, the Cabinet said.

Saudis and expatriates have applauded the decision, saying it would solve problems facing many Saudi families.

“This decision should have been taken a long time ago,” said Mohammed Badahdah, assistant secretary-general of the World Assembly of Muslim Youth.

“A foreign mother of Saudi children should acquire permanent residency by default in order to bring peace of mind and stability to the family,” he told Arab News.“ It is the right of the mother to stay with her children.”

Badahdah said that granting citizenship to these women should be decided by higher authorities, adding that Saudi Arabia has temporarily stopped giving citizenship to foreigners. “They used to consider applications of people who have gained the required points in terms of stay, education and family relations with Saudis,” he said.

Abdullah Bajubair thanked the government for the humane decision. He requested the king to consider granting citizenship to those who are born and brought up in the Kingdom and have lived in the country for several years.

Non-Saudi Mothers Of Citizens Get Their Rights
Non-Saudi Mothers Of Citizens Given Their Rights
No Change In Citizenship Law: Civil Affairs
Wife Discovers Hubby Not Saudi After 18 Years
Saudis Welcome Decision To Give Foreign Mothers Of Saudi Children Permanent Residence Status
Foreign Mothers Of Saudis Hail Permanent Residency Decision

Photo Credit: Zazzle 


Madri Straniere Di Figli Sauditi Ottengono La Residenza Permanente: Il Gabinetto Estende I Servizi Educativi E Sanitari Come Offerta Per Incoraggiare La Stabilità Familiare
Di Habib Toumi, Bureau Chief
Manama | Gulf News
10 Settembre 2013
Traduzione Italiana di A.P.

Le madri non-saudite di figli sauditi riceveranno la residenza permanente in Arabia Saudita senza la necessità di uno sponsor, ha detto il Gabinetto.

Godranno anche dei diritti accordati ai cittadini sauditi nell’istruzione pubblica e universitaria e nei servizi sanitari.

La decisione annunciata da Abdul Aziz Khoja, ministro della cultura e dell’informazione dopo la riunione settimanale del Gabinetto lunedì, segna una svolta per le donne non-saudite sposate con sauditi le quali, nonostante il matrimonio e i figli sauditi, continuavano ad essere trattate come “straniere a tutti gli effetti” bisognose di uno sponsor per poter vivere in Arabia Saudita e non potevano godere di nessuno dei privilegi accordati alle donne saudite.

In base al sistema della sponsorizzazione adottata da parecchi paesi del Golfo, gli stranieri non possono né vivere nel paese né iniziare a lavorare né cambiare lavoro senza l’approvazione del loro sponsor.

Secondo la Saudi Press Agency, raccomandazioni per cambiare lo status delle madri straniere di figli sauditi erano state presentate dal ministro degli esteri principe Saud Al Faisal, sulla base “della mancanza di garanzie di alloggio e mantenimento per i figli sauditi che vivono all’estero e le loro madri non-saudite al loro ritorno nel Regno”.

Ci si aspetta che la decisione incoraggi le donne non-saudite sposate con sauditi a restare nel Regno con i loro figli.

“Lo stato si accollerà le tasse sulla residenza delle madri non-saudite”, ha detto il ministro dell’informazione. “Queste madri hanno il diritto di cominciare a lavorare nel settore privato e saranno considerate parte del processo di sauditizzazione”, ha detto riferendosi al progetto lanciato dallo stato per aumentare il numero di sauditi impiegati nelle compagnie private.

Il ministro ha detto che il Gabinetto ha cancellato un paragrafo in una decisione presa dal governo saudita oltre 40 anni fa e concernente le vedove non-saudite con figli sauditi, che stabiliva che “debbono avere uno sponsor in base alle regole sulla residenza”.

Il gabinetto ha cancellato anche un altro paragrafo della stessa decisione il quale stabiliva che “lo sponsor deve accollarsi le spese di mantenimento della madre non-saudita se costei non è in grado di trovare un lavoro per motivi legali”.

Il Sollievo Della Residenza Permanente Per Le Mogli Straniere Di Sauditi
Di P.K. Abdul Ghafour
Arab News | Jeddah
10 Settembre 2013
Traduzione Italiana di A.P.

Il Consiglio dei Ministri ha detto lunedì che le madri straniere di figli sauditi avranno il permesso di residenza permanente nel Regno senza necessità di uno sponsor. Godranno anche dei servizi educativi e sanitari come gli altri sauditi.

Il Gabinetto, presieduto dal principe ereditario Salman, vice premier e ministro della difesa, ha preso questa importante decisione sulla base di una raccomandazione del ministro degli esteri principe Saud Al-Faisal.

Le decisione mira ad incoraggiare le mogli non-saudite di sauditi a rimanere nel Regno con i loro figli. Il Gabinetto ha detto che lo stato si accollerà le tasse sulla residenza della donna.

“Avrà il permesso di lavorare con altri nel settore privato e sarà considerata parte del processo di sauditizzazione”, ha detto il ministro della cultura e dell’informazione Abdul Aziz Khoja.

Il Gabinetto ha cancellato il paragrafo 3 della decisione del Gabinetto n. 1215 datata 8/11/1392 concernente le vedove non-saudite con figli sauditi, la quale stabilisce che suo figlio “deve essere il suo sponsor in base ai regolamenti sull’iqama”.

Ha anche cancellato il paragrafo 5 della stessa decisione, che stabilisce che “lo sponsor si accolla il pagamento delle spese di mantenimento se lei non può conservare il lavoro a causa di un impedimento legale”. La madre non-saudita di figli sauditi verrà trattata come i cittadini sauditi per quanto concerne l’istruzione generale ed universitaria e le cure mediche negli ospedali pubblici, ha affermato il Gabinetto.

I sauditi e gli stranieri hanno approvato la decisione, dicendo che risolverà i problemi di molte famiglie saudite.

“Questa decisione avrebbe dovuto essere presa molto tempo fa”, ha detto Mohammed Badahdah, vice segretario generale dell’Assemblea Mondiale della Gioventù Musulmana.

“Una madre straniera di figli sauditi dovrebbe acquisire la residenza permanente per default per portare serenità mentale e stabilità nella famiglia”, ha detto ad Arab News. “E’ diritto della madre stare con i suoi figli”.

Badahdah ha detto che la concessione della cittadinanza a queste donne dovrebbe essere decisa dalle massime autorità, aggiungendo che l’Arabia Saudita ha temporaneamente smesso di concedere la cittadinanza agli stranieri. “Prendevano in considerazione le domande presentate da persone che avevano raggiunto il punteggio richiesto per quanto concerne la permanenza, l’istruzione e i legami familiari con sauditi”, ha detto.

Abdullah Bajubair ha ringraziato il governo per la decisione umana. Ha chiesto al re di prendere in considerazione la concessione della cittadinanza a coloro che sono nati e crescuti nel Regno e che vivono nel paese da parecchi anni.



Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 271 other followers

%d bloggers like this: